We are always happy to share the many "lessons learned" from running a major research center. Below you'll find advice to help you organize and publicize events, document and circulate your work, assess outcomes of your projects, and more. Please feel free to download and share any of the materials provided below. Happy planning/organizing/imagining/accomplishing!
- Obermann Humanities Symposium Planning Guide
- The Obermann Center's guide to publicizing events—a handy checklist for UI faculty, staff, and graduate students
- Naomi Greyser's "Finding (and Keeping!) Joy in Academic Writing and Research" Get It Done presentation (10/16/18)
- Jennifer New's slideshow from the "Project Management Basics" Get It Done workshop (9/11/18)
- Wayne Jacobsen's presentation from the "Stepping Up to Assessment" Get It Done workshop (4/12/18)
- Teresa Mangum's presentation from "The Art of the Provocative Opinion Piece" Get It Done workshop (1/31/18)
- Jennifer New's slideshow from the "Publicizing Events" Get It Done workshop (10/3/17)