Taking It to the Streets: Celebrating 10 Years of the Obermann Graduate Institute
This two day event will offer keynotes by visiting scholars and engagement experts Adam Bush, Provost of College Unbound, and Jennifer Scott, Director of the Jane Addams-Hull House. Several roundtables will feature alumni of the Obermann Graduate Institute who will present their work and share in conversation about issues of sustainability, reciprocity, funding, collaboration, engagement v. outreach, and other topics. The overarching topics of the roundtables are:
- Engagement in K-12 Education - Examples of working with K-12 schools
- Crossing Boundaries - Practicing engagement in communities outside your own
- Engagement and Writing - Three English professors talk about how to use writing as a form of public engagement in the undergraduate classroom
There will also be two workshops offered:
- Telling the Story of Engagement - How to document your engagement work and use storytelling devices to further a project.
- Un-ghosting Self and Space: Three art tactics in conversation - Led by artists with experience in dance, theatre, and visual arts.