Obermann Conversations: What shall we talk about in 2017-18?
If you have suggestions for the 2017–18 Obermann Conversations series, we'd love to hear from you. This series is intended to feature an Obermann-related scholar (researchers, artists, graduate students) and a community member around a shared topic. We meet three times in the fall and three times in the spring to talk about issues relevant to our community and our times.
Recent conversations have addressed the following topics:
- Singing as a transformational practice
- Iowa's environment in historical perspective
- Changing the conversation about mental health
- Aging in place in Johnson County
- New collaborations with the Johnson County Historic Poor Farm
- The legacies of Shakespeare and Cervantes
- German Iowa and the global Midwest
- Creativity and the aging brain
- How rankings change higher education
- The city as a classroom
- Reframing the role of science in society
- Medical narratives
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!