Space, structure, and discretionary funding
Obermann Center Working Groups provide space, structure, and discretionary funding for groups of faculty and advanced graduate students with a shared intellectual interest. Groups have used this opportunity to explore new work and to share their own research, to organize a symposium, and to develop grant proposals.
This program allows participants from across the campus and beyond to explore complex issues at a moment when cross-disciplinary collaboration is crucial to address shifting domains of knowledge and a rapidly changing world.
- have one or two co-directors; one must be a UI faculty member
- meet a minimum of once a month throughout the academic year
- must report on their activities at the end of the academic year. (An evaluation form will be provided.)
- may continue their work to the next academic year, but they must reapply for funding in the spring
- can apply for up to $1,000 to support their activities