Applications are due the second Tuesday of April each year. The application deadline for 2022–23 Working Groups was April 12, 2022. The application deadline for 2023-24 Working Groups is April 11, 2023.
- At least one director must be a UI faculty member (on any track) or a P&S staff with a terminal degree in an area related to the proposed topic.
- Upper-level graduate students may serve as co-directors and participants.
- Current Working Groups may reapply; applications should indicate that yours would be a continuing group.
- Note: Obermann Working Groups have included graduate students, staff members, community members, and even, in some cases, long distance members who join via the internet. We welcome directors of the Working Groups to use this program to create space for inter-sectoral as well as interdisciplinary conversations.
Application Materials & Submission Guidelines
- This cover sheet (fillable PDF). If you have trouble downloading the cover sheet, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Description of your topic that concisely explains its significance and your desired objectives as a group.
- CV for the director or co-directors of no more than two pages each.
- List of at least six probable participants.
- For continuing groups only: A list of the activities your group conducted during the previous academic year.