Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Erin Hackathorn in advance at (319) 335-4034 or email@example.com.
All films will be screened with English subtitles.
University of Iowa Stanley Museum of Art
160 W. Burlington St.
Iowa City, IA 52242
Stanley Museum of Art staff and volunteers are dedicated to the belief that the experience of art is meant to be shared by all. Current accommodations include the following:
- Elevators are available to all floors of the building and the museum parking ramp.
- Museum entrances have automatic doors.
- Accessible restrooms and an all-gender restroom are located on the first floor, just off the lobby.
- Restrooms on the second and third floors have wheelchair accessible stalls, but do not yet have automatic door openers.
- The lobby and the visual classroom are equipped with hearing (audio induction) loops.
- The UI Stanley Museum of Art provides a private Family Quiet Room to support guests who are lactating or require a short health or wellness break. Located on the third floor, the room is secure, clean, and easy to use.
- Manual and electric wheelchairs are welcome in all areas of the museum.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge and may be checked out at the lobby information desk on a first come, first served basis.
- Should you need a place to rest or reflect during your visit, there are benches available throughout our galleries. We also have mobile folding stools available that you can carry through the galleries with you. If you find it preferable to borrow a wheelchair, you may speak with a gallery host or visit the welcome desk in the lobby.
- Service animals trained to perform specific tasks for an individual with a disability are allowed into all public areas of the museum.
FilmScene at the Chauncey
404 E. College St. Suite 100
Iowa City, IA 52240
All of FilmScene's theaters offer wheelchair seating and companion seating. There are accessible restrooms, concession stands, and lobby areas.
Metered parking is free after 6:00pm and all day on Sundays along all of the streets downtown.
FilmScene at The Chauncey offers also a drop-off zone on College St. and a covered walkway from the parking ramp.